Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thru hiking

As per Wikipedia.....Thru-hiking is hiking a long-distance trail end-to-end. The term is most commonly associated with the Appalachian Trail, but is also used for other lengthy trails and long distance hikes, including the Pacific Crest Trail and the Continental Divide Trail in the United States and Te Araroa Trail in New Zealand. Thru-hiking is also called "end-to-end hiking" or "end-to-ending" on some trails, like Vermont's Long Trail. Section hiking, on the other hand, refers to hiking a complete trail by hiking all of its individual sections, not in continuity or, necessarily, in sequence.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10
While waiting for my 30000nimh power bank.I am preparing physically and mentally for the solo thru hike which I am planning to do so in the month of April 2013. The hike which covers two states ie Pahang & Selangor area.The journey will take me deep in the jungle which has only a few water source points and eventually I may have to carry about 3-5 litres of water in addition to my 18kg of gears & supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment